Please read carefully.
This policy describes our privacy practices – what Personal Information we collect about our Users, what we do with it, how we share it, and your rights regarding that Personal Information.
What Personal Information do we collect
To provide you the Services, we must collect Personal Information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information you provide us, from your use of the Services, and from other sources. Here are the types of Personal Information we collect about you:
- Information you provide us. When you register for our Services, purchase and/or register domain names, use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel (e.g., emails), you may provide us Personal Information, such as name, email address, phone number, payment information (for Users with Paid Services), information you include in your communications with us and with other users on our platform, and Personal Information contained in scanned identification documents (such as an ID card, driver’s license, passport, or official company registration documents).
- Information we collect when you use the Services. When you visit, download, and/or use any of our Services, we may collect aggregated usage Personal Information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying Personal Information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc
- Information we collect from other sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources, such as i) security providers , fraud detection and prevention providers for example to help us screen out users associated with fraud, ii) social media platforms, when you log-in or sign-up using your social media account, we may receive Personal Information from that service (e.g., your username, basic profile Personal Information) and in some cases, we may collect Personal Information from lead enhancement companies which help us to improve our service offering; iii) advertising and marketing partners in order to monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns.
Why do We collect such Personal information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate the Services;
- .To further develop, customize, expand, and improve our Services, based on Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To be able to contact our Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To help us to update, expand and analyze our records to identify new customers;
- To facilitate, sponsor, and offer certain contests, events, and promotions, determine participants’ eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners, and grant prizes and benefits;
- To analyze our performance and marketing activities;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To provide you with professional assistance , only upon your request;
- To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities; and
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application, however, most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded on to your computer when you access certain websites. In general, cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s computer.
The most important thing to know about cookies placed by loftuganda.tech is that they make our website a bit more user-friendly, for example, by remembering site preferences and language settings.
We use these cookies and other similar technologies for a number of purposes, including:
- Keeping your preferences
- To provide you with the service you chose to receive from us
- Understanding how you use our website
- To monitor and analyze the performance, operation, and effectiveness in order to improve the loftuganda.tech platform.
- To understand and improve the impact of our marketing campaigns
- For security needs and fraud-protection purposes and in order to identify and prevent cyber-attacks
Cookies that are used by loftuganda.tech should be divided into two types:
- “First-party Cookies” - Cookies that are placed by Loft
- “Third-party Cookies” - Cookies that are placed and used by third-party companies which are Loft’s partners
It is important to note that loftuganda.tech cannot access third-party cookies; nor can other third-party organizations access the data in the cookies we use on our website. loftuganda.tech doesn't allow third-parties to use the cookies for any purpose other than those described in the next sections.
Depending on their function, Cookies may have different durations. There are session cookies and persistent cookies:
- Session cookies only last for your online session. It means that the browser deletes these cookies once you close your browser
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie
The cookies used on our website fall into one of four categories:
- Essential Cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure and private areas.
- Analytic Cookies let us understand how you use our website (e.g. which pages you visit), to provide statistics on how our website is used, improve the website by identifying any errors, and performance issues.
- Functional cookies are cookies used to remember choices users make to improve their experience (e.g. language).
- Marketing cookies are used to collect information about the impact of our marketing campaigns performed in other websites on users and non-users.